Official call (in Spanish): http://www.boe.es/diario_boe/txt.php?id=BOE-A-2015-6508
A pre-doctoral research assistant is desired for a 4-year project on the uses of presumption in argumentative discourse. The selected candidate will join a research project having as its target the following questions:
- What’s the relationship between presumptions and presumptive inferences? Does the making of a presumption involves the making of a presumptive inference?
- Is it possible to provide a speech-act account of presumptions?
- How should we deal with the semantics of an epistemic modal such as “presumably”?
- What’s the difference between presumptions and other linguistic and argumentative phenomena such as presuppositions and assumptions?
- What are the argumentative conditions and consequences of making a presumption? What are the possible roles of presumptions in argumentative discourse?
- What are the correctness conditions for presumptions and for presumptive inferences?
For further information contact Lilian Bermejo-Luque: firstname.lastname@example.org