The third meeting in the series Logic, Algebra and Truth Degrees will be held on 10-14 September 2012 in Kanazawa, Japan. Former meetings in this series have been in Siena, 2008 and Prague, 2010. The conference is organized by Research Center for Integrated Science, of the Japan Advanced Institute of Science and Technology, in cooperation with the EUSFLAT Working Group on Mathematical Fuzzy Logic.
Mathematical Fuzzy Logic is a subdiscipline of Mathematical Logic which studies the notion of comparative truth. The assumption that “truth comes in degrees” has proved to be very useful in many, both theoretical and applied, areas of Mathematics, Computer Science and Philosophy. The main goal of this meeting is to foster collaboration between researchers in the area of Mathematical Fuzzy Logic, and to promote communication and cooperation with members of neighbouring fields. The featured topics include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Proof systems for fuzzy logics: Hilbert, Gentzen, natural deduction, tableaux, resolution, computational complexity, etc.
• Algebraic semantics: residuated lattices, MTL-algebras, BL-algebras, MV-algebras, Abstract Algebraic Logic, functional representation, etc.
• Game-theory: Giles games, Rényi-Ulam games, evaluation games, etc.
• First-order fuzzy logics: axiomatizations, arithmetical hierarchy, model theory, etc.
• Higher-order fuzzy logical systems: type theories, Fuzzy Class Theory, and formal fuzzy mathematics.
• Philosophical issues: connections with vagueness and uncertainty.
• Applied fuzzy logical calculi: foundations of logical programming, logic-based reasoning about similarity, description logics, etc.
We also welcome contributions on any relevant aspects of related logical systems (such as substructural and quantum logics, and many-valued logics in general).
The conference scientific programme will include one tutorial, five invited lectures and contributed talks. Researchers whose interests fit in the general aims of the conference are encouraged to participate.
We invite researchers interested in presenting a paper to submit a 2-4 pages abstract at the Easychair submission page http://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=latd2012
The deadline for contributions is 22 April 2012. The notification of acceptance/rejection will be sent until 3 June 2012.
For further information please contact: latd12 at jaist dot ac dot jp