The Communication University of China (CUC) and the U.S.-based National Communication Association (NCA) are pleased to announce a co-sponsored summer conference to be held in Beijing, China, June 17-19, 2016. The conference will be held at the CUC International Convention Center, creating public space for scholars, media practitioners, government officials, and students to participate in open discussions and dialogue. Presentations will be made in English and Chinese, with simultaneous translations available via headsets.
China and the United States are positioned to influence notions of democracy, nationalism, citizenship, human rights, environmental priorities, and public health for the foreseeable future.
This international conference will address these broad issues as questions about communication; about how our two nations envision each other and how our interlinked imaginaries create both opportunities and obstacles for greater understanding and strengthened relations. Within the overarching theme of “Communication, Media, and Governance in the Age of Globalization,” the conference will address eight key topics, each to be explored in panel sessions, workshops,graduate student panel sessions, and poster sessions.
- Social Media, Freedom of Expression, and the Evolving Roles of Netizens
- Privacy and Ethics in the Digital Age
- Cyber Society and Social Governance
- Strategic Communication in the Global Age: Social Media and Public Relations
- Public Health Communication in an Age of Global Risk
- Rhetorics of Environmental Communication and Sustainability in Times of Catastrophe
- China, the U.S., and the Dilemmas of Terrorism
- Gender, Race, and Identity in a World of Fluid Boundaries
- Digital Divide: Policy and Practice
- Strategic Management and Leadership in Media Organizations
- Health Communication in the Digital Age
- Emerging Communication Pedagogies in the Age of Globalization
The deadline for abstracts is 15 January 2016 For more information as well as submission instructions please visit the full CFP.Advertisements
CFP: Communication, Media and Governance in the Age of Globalization
January 5, 2016 by SP