IMPORTANT UPDATE: Individual submission deadline extended to 25 January, 2015.
“Argumentation and language”
The CoRReA (Collectif Romand de Recherches sur l’Argumentation, http://www.collectifcorrea.wordpress.com) is pleased to issue the call for papers for the International Conference ARG-AGE 2015, to be held at the University of Lausanne in 2015 (9-11 September). The languages of the conference will be English and French.
- Linguistic markers
- Discursive processes
- Cognitive operations
Link to the official call for papers: http://www3.unil.ch/wpmu/argage2015/files/2014/03/call-for-papers-ARGAGE_2015_ENG.pdf
Types of submissions and deadlines:
- Individual presentation : Individual presentations will last 25 minutes, followed by a 5 minute question session. Contributors will need to tie their presentation with one or two of the conference themes, as described in the call for papers. The deadline for submission is January 15, 2015.
- Panels: Panels are 2 hour long thematic sessions. They are divided in three 20 minute presentations and are followed by a 30 minute discussion time (to take place at the end of the panel or in its course). The panel convenors are responsible for the organisation of both the thematic coherence and the logistic articulation of the panel in order to ensure that it fits the general orientation of the conference. Panel proposals will contain a general description and the abstracts of the three papers to be presented. Panel proposals can be submitted until December 1, 2014. The general description of the panel and the abstracts should not exceed the 400 word limit each. As for individual presentations, these must (i) clearly state the research question, (ii) include a brief description of the theoretical framework and of the methodology adopted by the author and (iii) highlight the originality of the proposal.
- Ruth Amossy (University of Tel Aviv)
- Marianne Doury (CNRS)
- Hugo Mercier (University of Neuchâtel)
- Francisca Snoeck Henkemans (University of Amsterdam)
- Douglas Walton (University of Windsor)
For more information, please refer to the conference website: www.unil.ch/argage2015
Please circulate the information to people who might be interested. All queries regarding the conference should be directed to email@example.com>/p>
The ARGAGE 2015 Organising Committee:
- Thierry Herman
- Jérôme Jacquin
- Raphaël Micheli
- Steve Oswald