Cogency announces a special issue devoted to papers on Wittgenstein’s role in the development of informal logic and argumentation theory. Contributions will illustrate how Wittgenstein’s ideas have been applied (or misapplied) have aided (or have impeded) research in these inquiries.
Possible topics could include:
• The implication of Wittgenstein’s views for argumentation theory
• Wittgenstein’s views on formal logic
• Wittgenstein’s influence on the development of informal logic
• Wittgenstein and Rhetoric
• Wittgenstein and Dialectic
• Wittgenstein and uses of reason
• The logic of deep disagreements
All papers will be blind refereed.
Guest Editor: Dr. Ralph H. Johnson. Submit papers to him at firstname.lastname@example.org Subject line: Cogency—Special Issue on Wittgenstein
Format specifications: Papers should be in Word (or compatible program) in Times New Roman 12 pt font, single-spaced, 8000 words at most. Consult MLA Style manual for how to handle quotations and references.
Closing Date for submissions: March 1, 2010.
Publication Date: August, 2010